SISTAS UNITED, Inc.
*The following accomplishments are in addition to our programs/services*
Education/Certification (Wessita McKinley-Founder):
Nonprofit Leadership Challenge - Washington, DC
Human Focus Group Study/Social Behavior - Georgetown University
Family Development Credentialing – Cornell University, Ithaca NY
Kressley Organizing Institute/One DC – Washington, DC
HIV/AIDS Prevention Counseling Level I
HIV/AIDS Prevention Counseling Level II
Rapid HIV Testing
Personalized Cognitive Counseling-University of California, San Francisco
Master Trainer for Self-Esteem Seminars – Faith Institute of Entrepreneurship, MD
Master Trainer for Rites of Passage for Males – Faith Institute of Entrepreneurship, MD
“2019” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Created and implemented the "2 Below Baby Boutique" to assist anyone raising a child newborn to 24 months. All of the baby items given to those in need at free of cost.
2) As a member of the "Food Justice Coalition" working towards obtaining healthy and affordable food for those living in food desert and swamp areas.
3) Created special food packages for furloughed Government and Contract employees.
“2018” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Enrolled in the Nonprofit Network (Organizational Capacity Building)
2) Partnered with Progressive Maryland and hosted a "Political Information Day".
3) Partnered with Each One Feed One, Inc. and hosted a brunch for the senior citizens in the community.
4) Hosted a Women's Conference "Take Back Our Power".
“2017” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Organized the Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade / Peace Walk in Washington DC.
2) Created the "We The People Collaborative" - A one-stop shop to provide free of charge social services to the residents of the Washington Metropolitan Area.
** This collaborative in still in the making .... However if anyone is in need of help they can contact Sistas United, Inc. directly and we will either assist them or direct them to another resource that is capable of helping them.
3) Sponsored a "Discovering Your Passion" Seminar for women.
4) Celebrated the 2nd Annual "Global Sistas United Day" .... A global event for women that will take place every year on March 31st .... Facebook: Global Sistas United Day.
5) Partnered with Community Connextionz and provided Thanksgiving Baskets to the entire senior citizen community (Ms. Phillipines House, Oxon Hill MD).
6) Partnered with Community Connextionz and hosted a Thanksgiving Dinner for the community.
“2016” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Organized the Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade / Peace Walk in Washington DC.
2) Created and Implemented the 1st Annual "Global Sistas United Day", a global event for women that will take place every year on March 31st .... Facebook:
Global Sistas United Day .... Celebrated with a breakfast and a presentation by world renowned Historian Mr. C.R. Gibbs.
2) Partnered with the Capital Area Food Bank and sponsored the "Senior Brown Bag" Program, in which "FREE" food and produce is delivered to senior residential communities on a monthly basis ... Currently Sistas United, Inc. is hosting 3 senior communities in Prince George's County Maryland.
3) Partnered with the Capital Area Food Bank and sponsored FREE "Cooking Matters" Classes, in which Sistas United, Inc. host 6-weeks healthy cooking classes with a nutritionist and chef on hand ... Also, each participant in the class receives "FREE" groceries every week.
4) Opened up a "Sistas United, Inc. Community Food Pantry" in Capitol Heights, Maryland.
5) Established the "Gathering of Men" Program ... A bi-weekly meeting where men of all ages, religions, and regions come together to heal, build, and fellowship .... Facilitated by Mr. Darrick Johnson Artistic Director of "By Any Means Necessary" Edu-Tainment - Facebook: Darrick Johnson (a.ka. Brother Malcom)
7) Sistas United, Inc.'s Founder Wessita McKinley received the "Diva Triumph Award" from Shippensburg University, Shippensburg Pennsylvania.
8) Sistas United, Inc. started a weekly Yoga class for men and women.
9) Expanded our Sistas United Inc. Community Food Pantry in Largo, MD ... We actually set up a food pantry for the senior citizens right in their residential area, providing them with "Free" healthy foods in which they are unable to afford.
10) Sponsored a high school student to her 2016 Home Coming.
11) Expanded the Sistas United Community Food Pantry .... We established a food pantry directly in a senior citizens building at the Vistas in Largo MD .... We have empowered the seniors by sending them to training and enabling them to fully operate the food pantry on their own.
12) Co-Sponsored a "Community Food Drive" in Capitol Heights Maryland .... The community grocery store closed (Safeway) and the community was impacted in a negative way due to the closing .. Our "Community Food Drive" fed 186 families and 530 individuals.
13) Prepared 150 Thanksgiving Baskets for the organization Heart to Hand, Inc., which provides services to individuals in Prince George's County Maryland with HIV/AIDS -http://www.hearttohandinc.org/
14) Provided 50 Turkey dinners to the senior citizens at Mrs. Philippines Home for Senior Citizens in Oxon Hill Maryland.
15) Provided Thanksgiving Dinners for the organization "We Can-Cervive", an organization providing services to cancer patients and their families within the Washington Metropolitan area.
16) Co-Sponsored a "Free" Community Thanksgiving Dinner for those in need during the Thanksgiving season .... Those partaking in the meal consisted of our senior citizens, the homeless, battered women and their children, and the unemployed.
17) Received the " 2016 Community Service Award" from the Maryland Legislative Branch of the Black Caucus.
18) Co-Sponsored a Christmas event for children whose parents/guardians are suffering from cancer. This was an amazing event in which the youth and the adults enjoyed the following:
* The viewing of the moving "Sing" with free popcorn, slurpees & candy
* Lunch at Famous Daves (lunch was provided by McDonalds)
* A visit from Santa Claus, in which each child's wish list was fulfilled and
the gifts presented to the children by Santa.
* A shopping spree at Toy-R-Us (each child was given a gift card to shop).
“2015” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Organized the 35th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Peace Walk:
2) Adopted a senior dwelling (The Wesley House, Northeast, Washington DC)......Providing the seniors with affordable food and "Free" fruits and vegetable.
3) Partnered with the civic association in Potomac Gardens Housing Development in Southeast Washington, DC to create a Farmers Market to provide affordable fruits and vegetables within low-income dwellings....Note:
We grow our own produce.
4. Sistas United, Inc was honored to be personally invited by The United Black Fund to represent our nonprofit at the Universoul Circ...us....We shared information about Sistas United with thousands at a sold out show.
5) Sistas United, Inc. Founder/Executive Director Wessita McKinley was a Guest Speaker at the 2015 H.O.W. Women's Conference (Healing Ordinary Women) I in Jessup Maryland.
6) Sistas United, Inc. sponsored a "Father's Day Fishing Trip" for all dads.
7) Sistas United, Inc. was honored to attend the 2015 Capital Area Food Bank Hunger Summit.
8) Sistas United, Inc. was Honored to attend the Capital Area Food Bank's 12th Annual Blue Jeans Ball.
9) Sistas United, Inc. prepared emergency baby packages to assist Domestic Violence victims in Prince George's County Maryland via a partnership with CAFY.
10. Sistas United, Inc. Founder/Executive Director McKinley shared her poetry with the masses at the National Conference On Ending Poverty at the Washington Convention Center in Washington DC.
11) Sistas United, Inc. partnered with Camp Fit and organized/sponsored the "Community Day Health Fair" at Longfield Elementary School in District Heights Maryland.
12) Sistas United, Inc. Founder/Executive Director received the "Community Grassroots" award given by Men Aiming Higher - www.menaiminghigher.org
13) Sistas United, Inc. Founder/Executive Director received the "Foot Soldier" a award in Washington DC for her work with Returning Citizens (Ex- Offenders.
14) Sistas United, Inc. collaborated with the Capital Area Food Bank and offers "Cooking Matters" classes (6-Week Cooking Class with a Professional Chef & Certified Nutritionist)......Participants also received "Free" weekly groceries.
15) Sistas United, Inc. collaborated with the Capital Area Food Bank and sponsors the "Senior Brown Bag" Program ..... A Program created to provide "Free" monthly grocery bags of healthy foods, meats, and fresh produce delivered directly to their door.
16) Sistas United, Inc. provided "Thanksgiving Baskets" to those in need -
*Note: Sistas United,, Inc. provide Thanksgiving Baskets to the clients of Heart to Hand, Inc. ..... Taking care of our Brothers & Sisters with HIV/AIDS.
17) Sistas United, Inc. helped to feed the homeless and the families of incarcerated individuals on Thanksgiving Day.
18) Sistas United, Inc. participated in the "After Thanksgiving Dinner", where we provided a Thanksgiving Dinner for the homeless who may not have family and friends to spend Thanksgiving Day with.
19) Sistas United, Inc. officially opened our baby store and implemented our T.I.E. Program...Created to help our infant and toddlers (newborn to 24 months).
20) Sistas United, Inc. implemented the "Gathering of Men" Program .... A program designed especially for men of all ages, religions, and races to come together to get fellowship, learn, heal, and build....Enabling them to become better men for the family and the community.
“2014” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Organized the 35th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Peace Walk:
2) Attended the 2014 State of the Union Speech with President Barak Obama ~ Sistas United, Inc. Founder - Wessita McKinley, was invited as a private citizen to be the Special Guest of Chicago's Congressman Danny Davis.
3) Sponsored the "Stormin for Scholarships" Workshop ~ Assisting and providing valuable information to those seeking funding for higher education
4) Participated in the 1st Annual Unity In The Community @ Marvin Gaye Park in Washington DC
5) Co-Sponsored the 2014 Miss Expo @ DuBurns Center in Baltimore MD:
6) Appointed Health Ambassadors for Prince George's County MD "HEAL" Program (Healthy Eating Active Living):
7) Advocates against Hunger ~ Washington Post Newpaper Article:
8) Attended the 2014 Hunger Summit @ CAFB in Washington DC
9) Sponsored youth to attend the 2014 Universoul Circus in DC
10) Partnered with the Howard University College of Medicine and "FREE" medical screening was provided as well a a medical referral was given to the those in need of health care, to receive "Free" medical assistance from Howard University's Free Health Clinic
11) Partnered with the National Capital Area Food Bank and sponsored a "FREE" 6-weeek educational and healthy cooking class
12) Established the following NEW organizational services:
* Sistas United, Inc. Community Garden
* Sistas United, Inc. Re-Entry Program
* Sistas United, Inc. Girls Mentoring Program
* Sistas United, Inc. T.I.E. Program (The Infant Exchange)
* Sistas United, Inc. Cafe'
13) Became a Certified SNAP Satellite Station (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
14) Volunteered with Petal Share to create fresh flower arrangements and hand deliver them to a local nursing home....Putting a smile on a senior citizens face
15) Participated in the 2014 Hunger Summit - Wessita (Founder) was selected to be a Chef in the Hunger Summit Cook-Off.....Checkout the following link:
16) Participated in the 2014 Color Run (National Harbor, MD)....Checkout the following link:
17) Co-Sponsored and organized the 2014 Health Fair at Greater Beulah Baptist Church, Capitol Heights MD
18) Co-Sponsored the Annual Family & Friends Day at the Men's Homeless Shelter, St. Elizabeth Washington, DC
19) Sponsored a community turkey give-away.....Gave out 300 turkeys
20) Guest Speaker at the 2014 Empty Bowls Event (Wessita)....Sponsored by the National Captial Area Food Bank
“2013” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Organized the 35th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Peace & Freedom Walk.....Checkout following weblinks:
2) Sponsored youth on the African-American Heritage Bus Tour - Visited African-American Historical Sites in Prince George's County Maryland.
3) Sponsored the 2013 Miss Expo ~ www.MissExpo.org
4) Started the Sistas United Girls Mentoring Group in Suitland Maryland
5) Hosted the Sistas United Annual Prom Social (young ladies attending their prom can receive "Free" dresses, shoe, accessories, purses, hair and make-up service)
6) Sponsored the Sistas United Annual Tuxedo Sponsorship for Males (Sistas United partnered with the Men's Warehouse to cover the cost of a tuxedo rental, so that the young men can attend their prom)
7) Hosted a "Prom Social" for the Washington Metropolitan High School, Washington DC
8) Sponsored a summer program for youth ~ "Educational Field Trip Journey", where we take youth on a weekly educational field trip throughout the entire summer and they will learn about history, their heritage, other cultures, educational and career opportunities.
9) Sistas United, Inc. received an "Appreciation Breakfast" sponsored by TGIF for the excellent service we provide to the community.
10) Opened the "Sistas United Food Pantry" in Suitland, MD ~ In partnership with Solid Rock Missionary Baptist Church.
11) Co-Sponsored the 1st Annual Back-to-School Charity Basketball Game (monetary scholarships were given to parents in need to purchase school uniforms, shoes, and supplies for their children)
12) Sponsored the 2nd Annual Teacher Supply Box Give-Away (We prepared grade appropriate school supply boxes just for teachers. The boxes are filled with various supplies to assist the teacher and their classroom during the school year)
13) Co-Sponsored the Annual Community Day (Gave out free clothing, food, and school supplies).
14) Sponsored the Sistas United, Inc. Fight Hunger Challenge
15) Co-Sponsored along with Sunday Suppers the monthly "Feed the Homeless" food distribution, in which we serve nutritious and hot meals in the streets.
16) Hosted the Annie's Art Gallery Family Poetry Night in recognition of the 2013 Presidential Proclamation - National Arts and Humanities Month:
17. Served as a community resource at the Hillcrest/Marlow Heights Job Fair hosted by the Prince George's County Transforming Neighborhoods Initiative & Community Partners.
18. Partnered with the Throttle Queens Motorcycle Club (of Capitol Heights MD) to help feed the hungry and provide Christmas gift for needy children.
19. Partnered with the Prince George's County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.who donated $500 worth of food to Sistas United, Inc. to help feed the hungry.
20. Partnered with the Delta Phi Epsilon Foreign Services Sorority, who sponsored a campus wide food drive at George Washington University to help Sistas United, Inc. feed the hungry.
21. Partnered with Annie's Art Gallery (Camp Springs, MD) and the Prince George's County Police Department to host a food and coat drive. All donated coats were distributed to those in need within the community.
22. Co-Sponsored the 4th Annual Community Thanksgiving Banquet. A free, hot and delicious meal was prepared and served to the community, in order to help those in need celebrate the holiday season.
23. Sponsored the Annual Sistas United, Inc. Thanksgiving Basket Drive. This year we partnered with Solid Rock Missionary Baptist Church (Suitland, MD) and we were able to provide 325 families with complete Thanksgiving meals. ~ 100 Thanksgiving Baskets
were given to our partners - Heart to Hand, Inc., to help ensure their Hiv/Aids clients had a Thanksgiving meal.
24. Sistas United, Inc. was featured on Fox 5 Morning News ~ We did a cooking demonstration in which we prepared healthy and affordable meals using food items food at the National Capital Area Food Bank in Washington DC......Checkout news clip below:
“2012” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Girls Mentoring Program (Health, Hygiene, & Sex Education - Part 1)
2) Sponsored an Open Mic Nite in support of the 2012 National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day!
3) Partnered with the Cuddle Me Program ~ To assist parents with children newborn to 3 years old by providing "Free" baby items such as: formula, diapers, baby wipes, clothing, car seats, booster seats, strollers....etc.
4) Girls Mentoring Program (Health, Hygiene, & Sex Education - Part 2)
5) Girls Mentoring Program (Financial Literacy)
6) Sponsored a Women's History program - "Many Women, One Voice" ~ a documentary based on African-American women with HIV/AIDS
7) 2012 Sistas United Annual Prom Social
8) Prom Sponsorship for Males (Sistas United partnered with the Men's Warehouse to cover the cost of a tuxedo rental, so that the young men can attend their prom)
9) Co-Sponsored the 2012 Miss Expo in Long Beach, CA ~ www.MissExpo.org
10) Guest Speaker for Women's Prayer Breakfast (Wessita)
11) Sistas United, Inc. Founder (Wessita) was a Guest Speaker for an International Mother's Day Prayer Breakfast
12) Guest Speaker for girls event "Diamonds & Pearls" (Wessita) ~ Hosted By Radio Personality Angie Ang of WKYS 93.9 FM
13) Sistas United, Inc. Founder was a Guest Speaker for "Girl Scouts 100 Year Celebration"
14) Co-Sponsored the "Annual Community Day"
15) Sponsored the "School Supply Boxes for Teachers" Drive
16) Partnered with the Take Charge Juvenile Diversion Program and helped to sponsor the "Pull Em' Up" Campaign ~ Collected belts to encourage youth to stop sagging their pants.
17) Sponsored the "Sistas United Food Bank" drive
18) Sistas United was an official team in the 2012 Step Out - Walk To Stop Diabetes Walk (held at the Washington National Harbor)
19) Sponsored youth to the 2012 International Horse Show (Washington, DC)
20) Sponsored a Thanksgiving Drive to assist families in need with food (150 families fed)
21) Served as a panelist for an Abusive Awareness Seminar with Mandrell Birks of WHUR & HUR Voices - www.mandrellbirks.com and the DC Metropolitan Police Department
22) Volunteered at the Annual Cora Rice Christmas Party (500 youth)
23) Co-Host the Christmas Event for the Prince George's County, MD Men's Homeless Shelter ~ Provided a hot meal, gifts and sang Christmas carols
“2011” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Girls Mentor Group attended the United Nations Girl Up Pep Rally (Washington, DC)....Checkout the following weblink:
2) Girls Mentor Group visited the Great Black Wax Museum (in Baltimore, MD)
3) Girls Mentor Group Celebration of 2011 Women's History Month (Movie Day - "The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman)
4) Facilitate an All-Stars Program for Youth (all males - grades 6th-8th)
5) Sponsored the 2011 Prom Social (to assist young ladies with their prom attire, "Free" dresses, shoes, purses, and accessories were given out)
6) Girls Mentor Group participated in the Sally H. Joseph HIV/AIDS 5k Fun Run (Capitol Heights, MD)
7) Co-Sponsored/Organized the 2011 Girl Power Expo
8) Took the All-Stars program participants to the Universoul Circus (all male group - 6th thru 8th g rade)
9) Sponsored a "Teenage Domestic Violence" series for girls
10) Took the All-Stars program participants bowling (all male group - 6th thru 8th grade)
11) Sponsored the 2011 "Tools To ManHood" Program (an event dedicated to all males)
12) Sponsored a Youth SAT Workshop (7 week program for students 9th - 12th grade)
13) Fed the homeless (partnered with Sunday Suppers & Hip Hop Education)
14) Sponsored a Back-to-School Social ~ provided youth with school supplies
15) Participated in the "2011 Autism Speaks Walk" ~ National Mall, Washington, DC
16) Sponsored families in need for Thanksgiving ~ provided complete meals
17) Sponsored college student for Thanksgiving ~ Provided food gift cards
18) Made and sold Christmas wreaths (Sistas United Entreprenuer Program)
19) Sponsored families in need for Christmas ~ provided food & toys
20) Took the All-Stars program participants to a holiday movie (all male group - 6th thru 8th grade)
21) Took the All-Stars program participants to a Christmas dinner (all male group 6th thru 8th grade)
“2010” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Co-Sponsored/Organized "Stuff a Truck for Haiti" Drive
2) Co-Sponsored/Organized "I Love My Body Campaign" for Girls
3) Co-Sponsored/Organized a Book Drive
4) Sponsored/Organized a Coat Drive
5) Sponsored/Organized a Clothing Drive
6) Sponsored a Zumbathon Fundraiser for a local family in need
7) Sponsored/Organized a Black History Program: "Bold Soul Sisters"
8) Sponsored/Organized a Fundraiser for: "Haiti Medical Mission"
9) Co-Sponsored a "Great Jeans Give-Away" for girls
10) Sponsored an outstanding high school student (SAT fees, Senior Graduation Package, etc..)
11) Co-Sponsored a Community Easter Egg Hunt
12) Co-Sponsored/Organized a "Boys to Men Empowerment Day"
13) Co-Sponsored/Organized the "2010 Girl Power Expo" in DC
14) Received the "Courageous Award" (for community service)
15) Participated in the Annual Community Mega Health Fair
16) Co-Sponsored a "Night of Jazz - Tribute to Luther Vandross Earth/Wind/Fire/ & Stevie Wonder (checkout the weblink):
17) Co-Sponsored "Operation Teen Status Check", focused on educating and testing Teens for HIV/AIDS - "Know Your Status"!
18) Co-Sponsored CAFY (Community Advocate Family & Youth) very first Community Day - "A Day of Healing & Reconciliation"
19) Co-Sponsored "Dress A Girl Around The World" - Dresses made out of pillow cases and sent to Ghana
20) Sponsored a "Women's Networking Breakfast"
21) Co-Sponsored an annual "Back-to-School Supplies Drive"
22) C0-Sponsored the 2010 "Young Women Empowerment Day"
23) Created & Implemented two weekly Support Groups: Returning Citizens (ex-offenders) & Women HIV/AIDS+
24) Sponsored the "DC Million Woman March Reunion"
25) Co-Sponsored the "Annual Community Thanksgiving Banquet"
26) Co-Sponsored the 2010 World AIDS Day Social (MD)
26) Sponsored the Sistas United Mentoring Christmas Party
“2009” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Assisted with the organization of the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Peace Walk (Partnered with the various organizations such as: The Washington Informer – Denise Rolark-Barnes, I Have a Dream Organization – Keith Silvers, The A.N.S.W.E.R Coalition, The Guardian A ngels, just to name a few)
2) Co-Sponsored/Organized a panel discussion for African-American men at Southeastern University in DC (Obama and the Black Man's Views)
3) Sponsored Self-Esteem seminars (titled “Priceless”) for girls ages 6-18 yrs. old
4) Sponsored Financial Management Seminars for youth and adults
5) Co-Sponsored the “2009 Youth Leadership March” held in DC
6) Partnered with East of the River Clergy in DC, Community Partnership (Gang and Violence Intervention and Prevention)
7) Sponsored a Mother’s Day Spa Basket Raffle/Fundraiser
8) Supported and starring in the production of the upcoming mini-series:
“Laws of the Street”, website: www.lawsofthestreet.com (supporting the Arts/Culture)
9) Created and operate a Job and Education Preparation Program for young adults and adults (ages 16 and older – male & female), in Benning Terrace, Southeast, Washington DC.
10) Co-Sponsored the annual Back-to-School Festival in Benning Terrace,Washington, DC
11) Co-Sponsored the implementation of the CAPS Program (CommunityAwareness Projects and Services), a community service/volunteer program endorsed by President Obama
12) Co-Sponsored the 2nd Annual Young Women of Color Conference at Southern Maryland Community College (There were approximately 300 girls that attend) - Checkout the following weblink:
13) Co-Sponsored a Sock Drive for the homeless, held in Forestville Maryland
14) Co-Sponsored the military Adopt-A-Platoon Program, in which we send a monthly care package (men and women)
15) Created and implemented a weekly Support and Rap Session. This program deals with everyday life issues and challenges.
Note: This program is operated via a mass conference call where people all over the country can dial in every Thursday, from 7:30pm – 8:30pm (EST).
16) Sponsored an Appreciation/Fellowship Dinner for the participants of the Job and Education Preparation Program, Benning Terrace, DC
17) Co-Sponsored the “Sunday Supper ” program in which we prepare meals and go out into the streets and feed the homeless and those in need.
18) Hosted a health presentation "Childhood Obesity Prevention"
19) Co-Sponsored a "Community Thanksgiving Banquet" (400 people)
20) Co-Sponsored an event for "2009 World AIDS Day", where we educated the public, distributed written information, and gave out Red Ribbons.
21) Sponsored a winter coat drive
“2008” ACCOMPLISHMENTS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Assisted with the organization of the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Peace Walk (Partnered with the various organizations such as: The Washington Informer – Denise Rolark-Barnes, I Have a Dream Organization – Keith Silvers, The A.N.S.W.E.R Coalition, The Guardian Angels, just to name a few)
2) Collaborated with the organization of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Peace Walk Rally (Held at Johnson Memorial Baptist Church)
3) Sponsored a Domestic Violence program (Held at Johnson Memorial Baptist Church, Washington DC)
4) Created and Implemented an All-Girls Mentoring Program in the Benning Terrace area of Southeast, Washington DC
5) Partnered with M.O.M.S and Protest Easy Guns, lobbying Congress to implement tougher gun laws (Participated in a lie-in in front of the Supreme Court and the Capitol, in Washington, DC)
6) Sponsored a Mother’s Day Spa Basket Raffle/Fundraiser
7) Sponsored senior high school students (in need), to their senior prom
8) Participated with M.O.M.S and the Victims of Homicide Coalition at a Mother’s Day Brunch (Honoring mother’s who have lost children to gun violence)
9) Partnered with East of the River Clergy, Community Partnership (Project NIA – Mentoring with a Purpose)
10) Supported and starring in the production of the upcoming mini-series: “Laws of the Street”, website: www.lawsofthestreet.com
11) Assisted/Promoted the Stage Play “Laws of the Street” at the Kennedy Center, Washington DC
12) Sponsored a “Thank You/Appreciation” gathering for the cast members of “Laws of the Street”
13) Assisted with the organization of the “2008 Black L.U.V. Festival”, website: www.blackluvfest.info
14) Created and operated a summer program for the female youth in Benning Terrace, Southeast WashingtonDC. (Note: A grant was awarded to operate this program)
15) Organized and promoted the Historical “Walk for Change” Walk/Rally in DC ~ www.diversity4obama.org
16) Hosted a “Self-Image” Workshop for girls 7– 14 yrs in Benning Terrace (Ward 7 – Washington DC)
17) Held a Voter Registration Drive for Maryland Residents
“2007” CONTRIBUTIONS/SPONSORED EVENTS
1) Assisted Fire Victims in Greenbelt, Maryland
2) Sponsored Seniors In Need To The Prom
3) Collected/Distributed Fully Equipped Book Bags for Children (all ages)
4) Sponsored a Fundraiser to Atlantic City, NJ
5) Became Officially Certified as Voter Registrants for the State of MD, whereby legally able to register any Maryland resident to vote and make modifications to existing voters (Tawanta & Wessita)
6) Organized The DC Jena 6 Rally in Washington DC
7) Spoke At The Capitol For The Jena 6 Rally, Washington DC
8) Organized the DC Jena 6 Follow-up Rally
9) Sponsored the “Make A Difference Day” – Benning Terrace Area, Southeast Washington DC
10) Purchased Share Packages From The Church To Give To Families In Need For The Thanksgiving Holiday
11) Sponsored a Coat Drive
12) Assisted with the organization of the “March Against Hate Crimes”
13) Provided Security at the “March Against Hate Crimes”
14) Assisted With The Organization of the “March Against Hate Crimes & Police Brutality” –Sponsored by the Hip-Hop Caucus
15) Spoke At The Washington Monument For The “March Against Hate Cri imes & Police Brutality” – Sponsored by the Hip-Hop Caucus
16) Made A Guest Appearance on The International TV Show – "American Dream"
17) Teamed Up With The Organization M.O.M.S, Inc. and supported a Christmas Party Children/Survivors of Homicides (giving out food & presents)
18) Sponsored a Jacket & Boot Drive
19) Currently organizing the “DC Peace Walk” and the “National Day of Peace -Cease the Killings”, in celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday
20) A guest on WPFW 89.3 FM – Voices with Vision (Black Dolls Issue)